Last Updated: Mon Mar 20 2023
Have you ever purchased something online, and after a week or so, you get an email asking you to leave a review for your purchase?
First time I saw this happen was on Amazon. Then I realized that Shopify didn't have this feature built in. That's where this idea came from. The best part is that Shopify has an App Store where you can distribute this product!
This is a product I actually ended up building myself, and I'm sharing it with you here. Truth be told, it still runs, but I consider it as abandoned. There's a lot of room for someone to take over and do this much better!
Send an email reminder to a recent customer to leave a review where it's most valuable to you. This can be a Google My Business listing or this can be on your product page on your store.
Why people will buy this
Nothing helps you generate trust, and ultimately sales, better than real, honest reviews from your customers. Some stats:
- 93% of consumers say online reviews impact their purchasing decisions
- 31% is how much more customers are willing to spend on a business if they have great reviews
- 68% of consumers will leave a review if you ask them!
Examples in the wild
- ReviewNudge - this is the the one I built. It's at about ~$100 MRR and listed on the Shopify App Store. Plenty of room in this space, I think.
- Cloutly - This company is fully featured, they are killing it.
Having built this product and launched it, I'll share what I did to get started. Included as well is detailed breakdown of how else to grow the product. This idea has plenty of space